Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bringing back the blog

It's time to keep myself in check again. Daily updates are back.
This comic was made over the weekend. I actually haven't played Dragon Quest three since I stopped updating the blog so it's surprisingly appropriate to make this comic.
Here's a sprite I used for reference

One thing that was taking up a huge amount of time over the year was sketching up the comic. Having to draw the same picture in pencil and then in flash made me realize how different the mediums are. I even noticed differences in the pencils when I switched them

These sketches were from when Collin confronts Ada about her being the Ace of Clubs. At the last minute I realized Ada would be finally admitting it was Stacie that she was going to have to kill and if this was the same time this was happening. And while it made for big moment there were too many things to focus on at once.

Luckily, Timboy already knew about Ada, and didn't know much about Stacie, so he was a perfect neutral to talk to Ada, while Collin's part of the story kept his own focus talking against Jody.

No comments: