Monday, November 19, 2007

on a roll (slightly)

So between the Kanji Practice I've started doing (and will continue to do tomorrow), adapting an handwriting for English print based of Kanji practice, and understanding how much my Penmanship is linked to my Drawing style, I've really improved my art recently.

Not so much in pure quality, but I've definitely feel more in control of what I draw, and even though I've only used a mental image of what the framework looks like, I've been able to draw some pretty interesting poses and perspectives without going too off model or taking too long to do so. I managed to draw that Mario comic in a little under two hours, where-as that Ninja Pokemon Comic took an entire evening to do.

I still don't consider myself very good in terms of drawing, but I've got a firm idea of what direction I need to take, now, and I plan to take it farther.

No comments: