Friday, June 27, 2008

Guess what technique I just learned!

I'm taking an art history class on Renaissance to Present day and I learned about a drawing technique developed early on in that era.
Can You guess which one it is?








Well as you can see I've been using Mantegna foreshortening, which is another word for (as the teacher put it) pretending your audience is full of morons (emphasis on pretending). You over exagerate the contour lines between a persons skin to force the reader to see the depth of their limbs or body. and like that mentally challenged guy from flowers for Algernon, I'm using it at every opportunity no matter how inappropriate.

But, just look at the hands! I think this is the first time I've improved on my hand work since... years before I even started this blog. I mean look at this. Hell, the main reason I kept Magic 8 Ball Girl a Stick figure for so long was because of the hand issue.

So Yeah, Good learning experience had by all.

No comments: