Monday, June 2, 2008

Sundays comic

So for this weeks sketch blog, Here's a timeline of how freaken long yesterday's magic 8 ball girl comic took.

8:00 pm: Mentally tried to picture the panel layout, and accepted the fact I needed to plan it out first for this week:
I wrote it out and divided it by panels
Then I drew a rough sketch for each panel by grid


Now I just figure out the best way to orginize the panels. And I figured the best way was to stick with switching between 1 and 2 panels per row.
They I slanted them were appropriate, and shifted them this way:9:00 pm: Drew up the first panel, started working on how the candles were in there.

Suddenly got an idea for a Naruto comic, sketched it up and uploaded it to Deviant art

10:00 pm: Finished the first panel, Started panel 2. Decided it would be better to make the background for it first. Pulled up a reference for panel 3.

11:00 pm - 1:00 am: got panel 4 and 5 out of the way. Ran into a bit of trouble on panel 6 and dug up some references from page 28 for panel 7 and adapted it accordingly.

1:00 to... 2:30 am: Panels 8 9 and 10 made. Somewhere in that, I respond to a comment on the Naruto Comic. It gets my mind wandering, and I look through some old writings and got some thoughts hammered down.

2:30 to 4:00 am: Wrote out the dialogue for the panels, and then proceded to fill in all the outlines of drawings so that the backgrounds didn't stick out. Added word balloons, and respaced the panels.

4:00 - 5:00 am: adjusted the export window for Flash mx and saved the imageTook the image into photoshop and cropped it into segments that were shorter than 800 pixels so PhotoBucket would not compress them.

Uploaded each image to Photobucket, Saw an error in the third panel, fixed it and re-exported and uploaded that to photobucket.

Posted the Comic to Magic 8 Ball Girl. Collapsed to bed, and saw the light of the sun breaking out the window.


Other notes:
Coloring was down periodically over sunday, so I'm not going to bother timelining that.
Periodically during the process, I would get large 2 cup glasses of Water or Dr. Pepper (only caffinated drink I had at hand), as well as a little of the leftovers from dinner that evening.

No comments: