Saturday, November 29, 2008

Zelda Song

Not sure what I'm going to do with this one, but:

It was 1998, my skirt was short my hat was long
Caught somewhere between the now and then
There were 7 Sages and time travelin' through the ages
It was Wintertime I spent with the Big N
Ahh Ahh Ahh
Ahh Ahh Ahh

Slashing Bongo Bongo
Smoking King Dodongo
Plus the simple tricks like webs and fish and crates
We didn't have game F-A-Qs
But if I ever had to choose
I'd rather solve those puzzles with my mates

[Chorus:]
And we were finding different hearts
We were sequence breaking parts
Making up some crazy shit for the Scarecrow's song
Trapping Fairies in a bottle, playing strait 'till tomorrow
Singing Sweet home Ocarina all winter long
Singing Sweet home Ocarina all winter long

Forgot to change the last 2 lines

1 comment:

Angela at Box of Unicorns said...

You should commission www.songstowearpantsto.com to do this, because I would love to hear it.

What's really cool is how the original song was about nostalgia, and the lyrics you wrote make me feel nostalgic just by themselves.

And your reference to the "skirt" is awesome-- my friends and I have joked about that for an entire decade and it never gets old.