Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Aipom's Acres




Took me a little while to get into the idea that the purple little monkey in the Pokemon Anime was actually a girl (I blame the hair for throwing me off), but I can see it now. Aipom is like the little seven year old with Braces that gives you a big toothy grin to every stranger she meets.

Somehow I got it in my head to Cross Aipom with the little girl from Ellen's Acres:

For those who don't know, Ellen's Acres was a short lived preschooler's show that was on cartoon network. The show wasn't so much a "Teach your toddler life skills" show as it was a "OMG! look at how cute this cartoon girl we created is! let's think up an excuse to dress her in adorable outfits" show.

So... that's probably the reason the show got canceled. But she did provide a very useful resource for me. I put in a lot of what I got from that show into Brian Green's Current Design.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...who are you?!?!

ill find out...eventually, hmmm

--sasafrasm!

Andrew "TX2" Turpel said...

That question is a bit hypocritical coming from "anonymous" don't you think.

Back to the topic at hand, I know what your thinking: "What is this person doing watching preschooler shows, and on top of that making references to it half a year after it was cancelled!?"

The answer is that this was not a preschool show directed toward Preschoolers. Rather, it was directed toward people who think this polite little girl is just as cute as all hell*.
It's like Shirly Temple, but since it's animated and voiced by adults there's no child exploitation that leads to the child actor becoming a drugged up teenage mess.
Everybody wins.

*contrary to popular belief, Hell is in fact cute.

Anonymous said...

i appreciate your response to my comment.

hi im Cody, now im not anonymous anymore.


so.


who are you?!?!

Andrew "TX2" Turpel said...

I think it's pretty obvious who I am. My name is the web address for this blog, the column on the right side of this web page gives a lot of info about me, and I use my own voice most of the time in my cartoons.