Friday, July 13, 2007

Lily in color, and the Incredible shrinking chin

So Here' s the finished picture of Lily. She looks a lot older than when I first drew her, but I guess it's just some use of visual symbolism or something. It's all involuntary though; the better I got at drawing Lily, and the more I added to her character, the more she grew up.
Also, it is worth noting, that despite her age, this girl IS the older woman in her community, and she DID just inherit the responsibilities and rank of Queen.

The clothing is pretty arbitrary, so I made sure not to add too many details to it.


I'm putting up the Sketch and the finisshed project of this picture side by side, because I did something a little funny here. I severely changed the shape of this ralt's head AFTER I made its sketch. As you can see this resulted in chain reaction of changes to the drawing, especially the basic location of the head. But oddly enough, despite my disasterous decision. It worked out pretty well.

No comments: