Saturday, December 1, 2007

Loading screens

This picture is going to be used for the loading screen of Bridgette Brian and the Bunny 2.

As with the Loading screen to the first BBB flash toon, It's a picture of Brian that's drawn in a different style from her cells in the rest. I'm not quite satisfied with it, but for what I want out of this picture I can't make any really edits to it.

When I first started uploading flash to newgrounds, I wanted to do something different with every loading screen. After my first five submissions or so, I did more generic things, but I started going further with the Halloween Special that introduced BBB and again with the BBB1.

Anyway, thinking up a little trick to the preloader is always fun, and it gives me a good excuse to experiment with flash, but it's always hard to think of a better gimmick each time, and then it usually takes a whole afternoon of scripting and testing before I can get it working. In fact, with Space boy plays lazer tag, I actually messed up the preloader and didn't realize until it uploaded.

This preloader took a while, but I figured out the best way to execute it using the script techniques I know.

With that, I will try to finish BBB2 soon

No comments: