Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Now I will abuse your generous attention to Soapbox my oppinions

I don't have a sketch today, but I do have a new YTMND. There's also a bit of a rant... Suddenly Nintendo's decision to suspend their online forums for the week makes total sense.


I remember when Mario Kart DS was announced online. I was kinda mad that I couldn't choose who I wanted to play without a Friend code, but at least you got to see your opponents' names and their little custom avatar.

WHY OH WHY are the restriction getting worse?
Pokemon Battle Revolution would let you see your opponents names, but not their pokemon's names... even though the DS's online battle does. So what ever dangers the names of Pokemon make toward Wii players, apparently DS players are uneffected.
Could we at least have some consistency with these unreasonable safeties?


Now SSBB has finally shown it's online colors. You can't see any information at all about the players. Nothing customizable at all. and no measurement of how well you do against them.*

If you have Friend codes, it's a different story... kinda
It really speaks for itself

I can understand protecting the kids in Pokemon, but SSBM was rated T for Teen, and this one will probably be as well. At what age do the training wheels come off, Nintendo? Why is this more dangerous than Mario Kart DS? What makes this Dangerous at all?


It's not the restrictions themselves that are causing this rant, but it's the fact that their so inconsistence. They just keep jerking us around with this, and expect us to take it.

No comments: