Saturday, May 5, 2007

Elf Pokemon

Out of the Pokemon I've been looking into The Ralts (and it's evolutions) are the most mysterious to me.
The "species" they're classified as is vague and changes with each of their evolutions (Feeling, emotion, embrace, and blade Pokemon). So there is nothing to say exactly where the designs come from (be they something from myth and lore, or a certain kind of animal). Other than humans they don't seem to resemble anything else at all.
Their appearance is even harder to really get a hold of as they're of the few Pokemon that seem to be wearing clothes. It's hard to determine if they are or not, though, these 4 Pokemon are drawn and colored in a very simplified style where you can't tell where their clothing would end and their skin begin.

The conclusion I've come to is that they are Elves. They're the closest thing in humans other than humans themselves. And despite their civility (to the point that they used their psychic powers to constantly keep themselves elegantly weightless) they seem to be completely secluded from human society.

Makes me wonder why Gallade didn't look more like this:Wasn't sure how to draw the sword and Shield for this, but I figured I'd Keep close to it's original design. I also gave him links Shoes, because Gallade seems to be the only one of them to fully use it's feet instead of relying on psychic levitation.

Man do I talk to much on these blogs, or what?

No comments: