Friday, May 4, 2007

Secret of the Cyclops Revealed! part 1

I was going to do zombies today, but I couldn't Flesh out the right details so Here's one on the Cyclops.

The Cyclops is a creatures with one eye in the center of it's face. Something as simple as that actually changes the workings of the face in so many ways it's not even funny. So it will be a lot of fun to attempt to draw one of these things. The idea of a Cyclops is said to have come from the skull of a species of elephant, not unlike this one: Now the Center socket there is actually for the Trunk, but it was mistaken for the skulls only eye socket (because the real eye sockets are small and on opposite ends).
Anyway, Using this Skull, we should be able to accuratly draw what A Cyclops would assumabley look like.
Let's start with the eye.
Hm... a problem occurs as the whole is not exactly sphere shaped... hmm... this lopsidedness seems familiar... maybe if we add another pupil and make it look like this:
Wait wait wait... I think I know what's going on here! Why don't we try tracing a muzzle around the jaw area, add some spikey hair and ears and a knows at the base of the tusks...
Now we just add a little color and-
My god! It's a prehistoric ancestor to sonic the hedgehog! We've discovered a missing link.

I seem to have gotten severely sidetracked, so I will try again with the Cyclops another day.

No comments: