Sunday, April 22, 2007

April is PC month

At least it was... back in 2002 and 2004. Anyway, I've decided to bring it back.

PC month was originally a month where all my work featured Sean (back when I called him PC for stupid reasons). I figured that since I've got this blog started, and since I've been a little nostalgic about the old Ask PC comic, I'm going to use most of the rest of April to tell the story of how Sean was created both as a character (in a story that you've never heard of), and in his look.


So basically how he turned...

from this:________To this:










And there's the latest version of Sean, looking at his older selves being electrocuted...
I'm not sure if Sean still gets electrocuted Maybe I should keep it in just so I can wipe that smug look off his non electrocuted face!

There is, of course, a reason Sean is being Electrocuted in those pictures, and it just so happens to be how this story begins

Part one: "Sean"s Creation
Vic and Sean weren't always the Dynamic Duo that we know and love today- Killing Pies and puppies, and interviewing angry Alberts. Up until July of 2000, it was all about Vic (and a standard cast). Sean first appeared as nothing but a name; a random name in a little script on a small notepad. For the next few months, Sean was just an extra in the story with no real characteristics.
But then a lack of something happened. The first arc of Vic's epic tale you've never heard of ran pretty thin. So I added an event that involved Sean getting captured by the enemy, and his father being one of the main villains. For very stupid Reasons, this event concluded with Sean getting electrocuted and joining with Vic's group.

So there you have it. The violent Electrocution was what made Sean a Key Player in both my work, and the story he was first created in.


But what really made Sean such an important character to the point that you see him more often than Vic now was making one of the key villains his dad. Giving him a father with a significant role meant he now had a family history that needed to be shoe horned into an already developed plot. Sean's history developed rapidly and connected to so many elements of the story that today he's become the central focus of it all.
Sean is technically one of my greatest mistakes. I was way to inexperienced to know that back then.

Tomorrow, we learn how Sean's look began to develope (trust me, this one gets far more awkward).

No comments: