Sunday, April 29, 2007

PC Month Part6: A tale of Two Sean's

There's probably a word for when a person's character falls so far from his own context (Almost ALWAYS because of abusively breaking the 4th wall) that he splits into two characters entirely. It's Probably called creative Mitosis or something. Whatever the word for it is, it happened to Sean, and to Vic as well.

I didn't notice it for a long time, because I was using the Ask PC versions of those two to develop the character of their original selves. However the changes grew too different to ignore and I suppose it finally dawned on me when I had decided to do the unthinkable... to take away Sean's goofy one sleeved sweatshirt.
Wearing the same sweatshirt everyday, especially when your in a war, and especially when one of the sleeves is torn off, was way too silly for Sean's character. So I gave him a Plated vest (or something along those lines) and for the sake of tradition I covered up his right arm with a unique cape. I even gave the Cape a little background: It's a weapon cloak of the Theaklin people who used to use it as a way of concealing their weapons just before a duel to surprise the opponent. Sean wears it mainly for tradition as he always uses a spear.

Now this weapon cloak worked great for the more serious Sean, but I couldn't get myself to add it to the other Sean, as fans had already identified with the odd sweatshirt. and that's when I realized there WAS another Sean. And my work became just a little easier

And so On January 31st, I brought back Sean and Vic from Ask PC by making them apart of the Meow productions opening. and shortly after that, they stared in their first cartoon in 2 years "Not the Puppy."
And the original Sean Would later Make an appearance of his own in "Heeeey Terrene." Even though it was a humorous little flash, it was all in canon to his own world and it never broke the fourth wall.

And that's the Story of Sean and how he turned from an extra in the background to main character, to lead role, comedic, and finally to two different people entirely.

Tomorrow I've got a really big treat for everyone. You won't want to miss this.

No comments: