Thursday, April 26, 2007

PC Month Part4: Sean's Return from Pergatory

On October 23rd of 2001, I made my debut to the online world uploading my fun little doodles to a fanart site. Most of the Pictures uploaded were of Vic in which he would do wacky things like fight armies of pencils get eaten by a hippo and... run facing profile in a random background. I had also uploaded at least one picture of every character from Vic and Sean's Story except of course for Sean because of his terminal case of carnivorous hair.

Well One day in the winter of 02, I decided to just go ahead and draw him anyway. I decided to Draw a chibi version of Him, because I had recently done a series of chibi versions of all the other characters (I know it's dorky, but I was 14, lay off).

So I made this Chibi of Sean. He has the standard superdeformed body with simpler detail- I even began drawing a simpler version of his hair. But as I drew the hair I began (FINALLY) fleshing out a much much better hair design for the character. It looked much more like hair and hair that followed the laws of physics. Now it still needed more work before it became the Sean that all of you know, but it was pretty good compared to my other work at the time, and it also trickled down to the rest of Sean's Details: His face and personality became oh so much more Smug (which was a godsend compared to that bugeyed village idiot look) and while you can't really see it in this chibi version here, his build became a lot sleeker which is helpful for his clothing style.
Sean was not just Saved by this new design, he was reborn, even his role in the project he originated from changed drastically from this. Before he was an inexperienced moma's boy who was eager to prove himself and after this he became an arrogant conflicted warrior who was mourning his dead mother (he did not kill his mother).

But I'm Digressing now. I now had a presentable design for sean and I was ready to share it with the people who were following my work (I think there were 2 followers). And since this character who was so important had been neglected for so long up until this point, I decided to make an event out of it. That event was PC Month.

Every Picture I uploaded to the web on that month had Sean in it, Even if I had to just nudge in a small version of him like here:Oh Hey look, It's Malloy again. Why does he keep coming back on this blog... Anyway to top off PC month I made a ten part comic series in Which Vic and Sean would answer questions from the reader (whether they be made up or someone who actually read it. Seriously the comic had an average of 15 views). The comic was of course Ask PC. And it wound up going on for another 35 comics.

And here's the rest of Sean's Drawings before I moved on to flash. I'm not going to go into story.


So All that's left to talk about is how sean has adapted to the grand world of flash (and I may include a pretty special surprise).
Still, All the old artwork is probably wearing you guys out. So I might have some newer sketches for friday.

No comments: