Tuesday, April 24, 2007

PC Month Part3: The attack of Sean's Hair

Warning, this Blogpost contains some of WORST art I have ever made, but please understand that this is all apart of how the Ask PC comics came to be. Every story has it's villain, and this story's villain is Sean's hair.

Now the project that Both Vic and Sean came from had their initial inspiration from 2 games: FlashBack: a quest for identity, and Wild Arms 2. When I was thinking up Sean's hair I decided to take inspiration from this character here, WA2's Ashley "Girly name" Winchester.
I should point out that in this picture there is a strong gust that is sticking his hair out in that direction.
When I was 13 I DIDN'T KNOW THAT (stupid stupid stupid me). This resulted in Sean's look being being based entirely on being frozen in time as the wind was blowing. The result was a monstrosity like this picture here:
But that wasn't good enough for me, I decided that Seans hair was too spikey... and my solution was to reduce the number of spikes... and increase their size...
Do your very best not to scream, my friends. You may never look at Sean the same way again.

At some point between February of 2001 and March of 2002... Sean had this hair...
I can't defend myself here. This is the worst work I have ever done, regardless of my age (13 at that time). It's like his head was being eaten by mutant orange slices... He's got a Cowlick that's as tall as his head! And I KNEW how bad this was when I drew it, but "it couldn't possible because of their hair," so I overcompensated by adding as much detail as I possibly could, which made it worse because I was terrible at such detail as well: mosaic eyeballs, over contrasted noses, horribly darkened shading, and a very very big jaw that makes him look like a farm animal... Wait a minute, where did that scarf come from? I don't even remember drawing that.This picture here is the worst of them all. You can click on it to get the full view, but I ask that those of you with weak stomachs not click on that.



At least he looked okay when it was raining







And there we are. If you have any Questions I am prepared to answer for my horrible mistake.
PC Month will continue on Thursday with Sean's Rebirth as a decent Looking character, the creation of PC month, and Why PC month was created. Wednesday will be featuring a new "The cast of Luik"

No comments: